"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 Months Home

This week the kids and I were talking about things that go together. Things like:
  • peanut butter and jelly
  • Brenna and snack foods
  • Popcorn and butter
  • fish and water
  • birds and feathers
  • birthdays and parties
  • Mommy and Joshua!
We laughed and giggled and had a lot of fun thinking up combinations that just belong together. But when Brenna said, "mommy and Joshua!!" My heart skipped a beat. My tummy flip-flopped. My eyes got misty. Because she was RIGHT!

Mommy and Joshua have become two peas in a pod. We just fit together, like a mommy and her baby are meant to connect.
So, while I could make a list of accomplishments Joshua made this month and another list of things we continue to work on, I am choosing NOT to. This month I CHOOSE to celebrate the FACT that mommy and Joshua are two things that simply belong together.