"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Daddy is 'ucky!

Recently Joshua paused while playing with his skidsteer and said, "Mommy, my daddy is 'ucky!"

I thought he called his daddy yucky, so in a concerned voice I asked, "What did you say?"

"my daddy is 'ucky! Really 'ucky!"

"Why is daddy yucky?" I asked.

"No! Daddy no is yucky! Daddy is 'ucky! Daddy havie skidsteer. Daddy no have to usie shovel!" Joshua told me quite seriously.

"Joshua," I said. "You are so right Daddy is very Lucky."

"Daddy no like shovels, right momma? Daddy, I like skiddiesteers, backhoe, payloader!"

"That's right, Joshua. Daddy DOES NOT like shovels. He really, really does not like shovels!"

"Daddy's at workers usie shovels?" Joshua wondered. (Joshua calls Chad's employees his "at workers.")

"Not very much. Usually Daddy's at workers use the backhoe or skidsteer."

"That good!" Joshua agreed. "Shovel too much work. Too heavy! Daddy's at workers 'ucky too!"

This conversation with our very wise son reminded me of the photos below.

Instead of a skidsteer, or other such equipment, these hard working Ethiopian construction workers were leveling their job site with shovels. It was an incredibly slow, tedious, and labor intensive process - one we would never consider using with our employees.

You are so right, Joshua. Daddy and his "at workers" are very LUCKY! Thank you for reminding us about this "simple" blessing.