"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

God Made it that Way

One year ago, life was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HARD!

Work was horrible. At the very worst moment we had 1 million dollars on our receivables, and as of 2:00 on a payday Friday we did not have any cash to pay our employees. Can you imaging the stress of being rightfully owed that amount of money and wondering how we would pay our men? It was beyond bad. God came through, as He always does, and a customer delivered a payment at 2:45. Chad rushed it to the bank and we were able to hand our employees their checks right on time.

This gridlock at work was fairly unrelenting. It went on and on for months. We had so very much work, our men were doing a super job, Chad was billing promptly - everything should have been peachy, except that it wasn't. It was the darkest, most confusing, most frustrating season we have ever had as business owners.

"Adoption land" was equally dark and dreary. We had been scheduled twice for court and had not passed either time. Our agency had promised to go directly to MOWA and ask for our letter, but between weekends, holidays, and poor internet we heard NOTHING about our case for 6 days. I know 6 days does not seem like much, but in those moments it was FOREVER.

My heart was heavy all the time. My only source of strength and hope came from God and God alone.

I relive those dreary days, weeks, months today because 1 year ago TODAY the sun shone a little brighter. One year ago today we received the call that we had (finally) passed court and Gebeyehu was officially (Joshua) Gebeyehu Chad Dietrich our SON!

It was without a doubt the BEST phone call I have ever received. To relive that day with me you can click here. Joshua and I have watched the video of his siblings hearing the news about 15 times. He yells and cheers right along with them, while mommy sniffles!

Over the weekend, Chad and I were telling Joshua how sad we were last year as we were waiting for him. I snuggled him in close and told him that I was so sad! I could hardly think of anything but him! I just wanted to be with him!

He told me, "Joshua waiting Ethiopia mommy come. Joshua want mommy. Joshua need you."

"I know." I told him. "I wanted to come Joshua. I wanted to hold you and love you and be your mommy so much. We all wanted you home. We needed you too."

"Why?" my son responded. "Why you need me?"

Chad and I just looked at each other for a minute, thinking, remembering. I sighed and said, "I don't know why Gubs. We just needed you."

He snuggled into his daddy's chest and said, "God made it that way."

"You are so right Joshua. God just made it that way." I whispered into his hair while Daddy held us both tight for a long time.

Thank you God for making it that way. Thank you for knitting our family together in a miraculous and beautiful way. Thank you for walking the dreary days with us, for being our strength and hope. Thank you that although some things in our life remain very trying, life is much better today than a year ago. I praise you God for from You all blessings flow.