"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, April 18, 2011

Momma's Favorite - French Dip Sandwiches

I figure if it is still cold and snowing, I might as well make one of my favorite winter meals.

French Dip Sandwiches:
4 to 6 lb beef roast
1 can beef consomme
1 can water
1 pkg. Italian dressing mix (dry)
1 pkg. au jus mix (dry)
Place everything in a crockpot and cook all day (8 to 10 hours) on low. Pull cooked meat apart and place on hoagie buns, dip in juice.

While this is MY favorite shredded beef sandwich recipe, some of my family prefers barbecue beef. The best and worst thing about having a family of 7 is that someone likes each meal I prepare, and someone else does not! I have decided that we do not have favorite family meals, we are each far too original to agree on a single favorite meal!

For the record, it is April 18 and we still have snow covering our yard. There is more snow in the forecast. It has been a very long winter. We are ALL ready to grill burgers instead of having crockpot sandwiches for supper!