"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, June 24, 2011

21

Our summer schedule has been a big adjustment for Joshua and I. We both enjoy quiet and a lot of time at home. During the school year we would often return from dropping the girls at school to a quiet house and play all morning. We would rarely turn on the TV, filling the silence with conversation, "concerts", and imagination.

It was peaceful!

It was fun!

It was sweet!

There were days when we ran errands, had play dates, and/or went to my office - but always we would return to our quiet routine for a few moments of play and a snugly nap.

Then one day summer vacation began. Our house is no longer quiet... ever! There is always a TV on, many times 3! Quite play and imagination are interrupted with squabbling siblings. And there is ALWAYS, ALWAYS somewhere to go!

Yesterday my momma mobile stopped at 21 different locations to drop off or pick up one child or another! I am NOT joking! It is intense!

This morning Joshua and I were both a bit grumpy! We are both longing for less crazy and more quiet! We also both needed a nap! Luckily, I figured out a way to shuffle our errands and appointments to enable some time at home for Gubs and I. He played a bit. I cleaned. We had lunch... early instead of late. Then we snuggled up for a book and a nap.

As we cuddled in my bed nose to nose, chest to chest, sharing both a pillow and a blanket - it hit me! WE, JOSHUA GEBEYEHU AND MOMMY, WERE IN 21 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS YESTERDAY! Yes, we were tired this morning. We were a bit grumpy. But we were also FINE!!!!! Joshua slept all night. He remained emotionally connected through it all, even when disciplined! Yep, he complained. Yep, he was a bit whiny. He was even a little naughty a couple times. But those reactions are perfectly, totally NORMAL!

It really is something to celebrate! Last summer he was in overload after one stop, this year he made it through 21! I have NO desire to attempt to break that record. 21 stops in one day is craziness! More time at home playing at "Joshua's park" is on the schedule for next week. However, there are just some days that are CRAZY! when you have 5 kids! I am so thankful that Joshua can handle our crazy these days!