"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, June 20, 2011

We (finally!) Go Camping!!!


(Jay said I should start with the coolest picture of the weekend!)
There is NOTHING that I love more than camping with my family. To me it is THE definition of RELAXATION! I was so very thrilled to finally spend the weekend at the lake!

I love getting the first glimpse of water, that is just waiting to be explored!

I love setting up camp!

The first thing we did this trip was to help Sierra soak her foot!
We arrived at the lake late Friday evening, so bedtime came quickly.

To everyone's surprise, Joshua was the latest sleeper Saturday morning!

How many of my monkeys do you see in this tree?
(2!)
Look close, Brenna is in brown, trying hard to keep up with her bro.

Jay loves a challenge... any challenge!

Joshua wanted us to take his picture "climbing" too.

Poor Sierra! There was NO way she could crutch up and down the hills at the campground, so we pushed her in the jogging stroller.
She was totally humiliated, but it was better than being left in the camper!

This lake had a nice play area.
"Joshua I love it backhoe best!"

Guess who ran with me Saturday morning?

By noon the sun was shining and the water was calling our names!

Joshua is CRAZY about the tube!
He loves to go fast and bumpy!
He also loves to just float while his siblings swim all around him.

He loves to splash and giggle!

Sierra was totally miserable watching everyone in the water!
She loves to swim.
It was SO hard for her to stay out - but lake water and a puncture wound should not mix!

One of my favorite parts of camping is Chad's grilling!

I took Brenna and Joshua for an evening swim.
The water and sky were so beautiful!


I love this picture!

I pulled the littles out of the lake just in time for a campfire!


This IS the child that used to be terrified of dogs!
Now Joshua will not leave Molly alone!
I think Molly sometimes wishes he still was scared of her!

There is something so peaceful about gazing into a campfire.

Sunday, (Father's Day) Joshua was THE FIRST one up!
He let daddy sleep a little bit... but not so long.
After all, he was so excited to give his daddy the card he picked!

We were back on the water in record time.
We seriously think Joshua traveled 10 miles on the tube this weekend!
Sometimes the kids were going fastish, other times they were just trolling along - but they hung out in the tube as long as we would allow. At one point Joshua's teeth were chattering and his lips were blue, so we made him come in and warm up on mommy's lap. He just could NOT understand why we would do that! He said, "Joshua having fun! I love it tube! How you know Joshua cold? Joshua is ok!"

Brenna is not a tuber!
She still loves the boat though.
Especially when she can hang close by Auntie Teresa!
They are BFFs!

Jamison can hardly wait to get back on the water! He had such a great time wakeboarding this weekend!

Does this not make you giggle?
Think Joshua adores his Auntie?

Uncle Jeremy let Joshua drive a bit. Sneaky Joshua decided to go fast and made us all jump when he revved up the motor... A LOT! Tonight in his bed time prayers he said, "Thank you camping! Thank you lot of tubing! Thank you wakeboarding! Thank you Uncle Jeremy let you Joshua drivie boat! Thank you Joshua ROOOMMM really fast Uncle Jeremy boat! REALLY REALLY FUN!"

I think Joshua summed up the weekend perfectly! Oh, I love camping!