"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Forgotten Treasures

When shelf in our closet broke, I was annoyed. All my unorganized and nearly forgotten treasures spilled all over the floor. I did not have any interest in taking the time to sort through the mess... at first. It did not take long, though, before I had lost all track of time as I sorted through the many treasures I have tucked away.

I am far from a pack-rat. I tend to throw things faster than my family wishes. But cards, letters, and drawings get tucked away. I treasure handwritten notes. I have notes that Chad folded and tucked under the windshield wiper of my 1990? Geo Metro in 1992! I have Birthday cards, Mother's day cards, Thank you cards, Thinking of You cards, and I am Praying for You notes carefully saved. Each one was saved because it touched my heart in some special way.

So what started as a pain in the rear, ended in a few tears and a lot of special memories! It also made me realize that I need to send fewer emails and text messages, choosing to invest a few minutes and send a handwritten message instead!

If you have taken the time to send me a "hug in an envelope" THANK YOU! I treasure your words!