"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Our Brenna girl LOVES to swim! Last summer we chose to skip most activities and spend almost all our time hanging out learning to be a family of seven. The ONLY thing Brenna complained about was missing swimming! So this summer I am doing my very best to get her A LOT of time in the pool!
Although Brenna is NOT a morning person, she hops right out of bed with a smile in order to get to 9AM swimming lessons!

I think the diving board is her very favorite! She mastered diving this week, but still prefers to CANNONBALL. She adds a little "battle cry" for extra drama.
And how do I keep Joshua occupied during swimming lessons? We bring his "bag of tricks" every where we go!

I jokingly say that Joshua is spending his whole summer either in his car seat or sitting on the bleachers! Here is an example of his typical day this week:
7:15 Drive Krissy to school
8:30 Leave for swimming lessons (Brenna), and basketball camp drop off (Jamison)
9:00 Watch Brenna swim
9:45 Leave the pool and run errands or return home
11:45 Pick up Jamison from basketball camp
12:30 Pick up Krissy from school
lunch, nap, play time, supper
5:30 leave for VBS
8:45 home fro VBS
9:30 in bed!

It is a little more chaotic than the school year to say the least! He is handling it pretty well, but momma is TIRED! Trying to keep up with my job, housework, laundry, and squeeze in a workout, in addition to the kids' activities has been challenging! But... I would rather be TIRED than miss out on all the fun! I love to watch my kids do the things they love!