"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Reading List

So far this summer has been crazy!

I feel like all I have done is try to keep up, never quite succeeding.  I ALWAYS have somewhere I am supposed to be.  There is ALWAYS housework to do.  Meal planning has been tossed out the window.  Dinner gets tossed together "creatively" minutes before we eat.  My kids are begging me to buy groceries, and if you saw my pantry you would know why!  (We now have oatmeal, flour, chili beans and rice to "snack" on.)  Workouts happen at 5AM or not at all. 

I am tired!  I do not feel relaxed and "summery" in the least!

That MUST change! 

Luckily, the kids' activity schedule is much lighter in July and August than it has been in June.  I knew going into June that it was overbooked for mom, but because so many of the activities that the kids were interested in happened to be scheduled in June, I decided to suffer through it.  While it has been a great month for the older kids, Joshua and I have not enjoyed it nearly as much. 

But, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Soon, very soon, there will be some time for momma to read a book while lazing in the sun (for a few minutes anyway). 

That is where I need your help!  Do you have any fabulous summer reads to recommend?  I am looking for books that are easy to read... light, carefree, and inspiring!  Help me, help me please! 

***I do have a sweet summer book suggestion for you!  Last month I read "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo.  It was a quick easy read that gives a glimpse of one little boy's trip to heaven.  It was beautiful, innocent, and made my imagination soar!