"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, November 7, 2011

(Another) text from God

I woke up in the middle of last night filled with grief and terror.

I had dreamt that Chad had died.

It was a dream so detailed, so real, that I had a hard time letting go of the fear.

In my dream, he had died during his last day deer hunting (which would have been today).  I was left not just filled with grief but with absolutely no idea what to do.   How could I shut down the business?  What was left to bill on the projects we are currently working on?  How do I get rid of equipment?  Should I have an auction?  What about all the small tools and assorted inventory?  Keep the building or sell it?  How much grace would the bank give me as I sorted things out? Who should I ask for help?  How could I really be there for my kids while trying to sort out the immediate needs of the business?  How would I pay our bills in the short term?  How should I use the money from life insurance and the sale of the business?  Should I sell the house or pay it off?  Would the kids get social security?  How much?

I seriously processed all these thought in my pseudo-sleep.

I woke up to my alarm at 5:35 totally heart broken.  I also woke up determined!

I was formulating a plan all through my shower.  I was thinking through all the questions I needed to ask Chad so that if he did die I could "handle it."  I was making a mental list of all the changes we should make, just in case.  My mind was racing, my stomach ached, and I am certain my blood  pressure was far from normal.

Then I picked up my cell phone to check my email, and I noticed the little cross icon at the top of my screen.  This little cross tells me that I have received a Bible verse.  I get one every day, bright and early, from the "DailyBible" ap on my Droid.

Out of habit, more than reverence, I clicked on the icon.

And when I did His voice broke through.

He said, "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

I love that God meets us right where we are at and loves us enough to speak the exact words we need to hear.

So, do I need to visit with Chad about how to move forward if he would die unexpectedly?  Yes.

Do I need to freak out about it? No.

Thank you God for breaking through my racing thoughts, through my anxiety, through my attempt to control and reminding me of Your grace.