"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Waterslide Awesome!"

This weekend Chad, Jamison, and Sierra were off deer hunting.  So, I decided to take the kids who were "stuck" home with me on a little adventure of our own!  Last night we checked into the "Waterslide Hotel" (aka the Country Suites) for some swimming fun!


 A stay in a hotel is not complete with our a Pizza Picnic!  WE had "puppyroni," of course!
 I love spending time doing things my kids love!

Pools are not my favorite, and staying in a hotel when my house is a few blocks away is a bit senseless. Except that my kids LOVED it!  They felt special and important because I was doing something they wanted to do!  They had so much fun, which caused ME to have so much fun!  

It was time and money well spent!
 JOshua is an absolute water bug!
 He had SO much fun!

The pool was packed. . . and noisy! A year ago it would have taken a looooong time before he would have been comfortable enough to leave my lap.  Then it would have taken a looooong time before he would have dared to play without me right by his side.

Fast forward one year and he jumped right into the pool!

All the kids did not phase him one bit!

He even chose to play with some of them!
 He LOVED the waterslide!

One time he even went down by himself. . . on his tummy!  I was waiting to catch him at the bottom and when I saw him plunge into the pool face first, I was sure he would be UPSET!  I grabbed him and pulled up from under the water.  He wiped the water from his face, spit out about a gallon of chlorine water, and then declared, "Waterslide AWESOME!"

Fear was not a factor for him!
 Brenna is a water lover too!

She swims really well and would never leave the pool if it were up to her!
 He is "hurt my heart cute!"

This is one of those photos that I will always, always love.  He looks so little, yet so capable - so confident and proud!  I will always look at it and remember this special hotel stay!
 Here he is in a pool FULL of people, swimming in the deep end, singing his heart out!  He was just too happy to contain his joy!
 Krissy adores him!
They have such a sweet bond.
 There are few activities that appeal to all my kids, but water (sometimes) brings them all together.  It was so fun to see Krissy, Joshua, and Brenna sliding and swimming,
and laughing together!

It was a night I treasured!
I just love being a mom!