"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Brenna Joy is Thankful for:

One of our family's Thanksgiving traditions includes making lists of things we are thankful for.  In fact, my kids are never allowed to make a Christmas or Birthday Wish List before they make a list of things they are grateful for.  My goal in doing this is not to discourage them from wanting things!  We all wish for things and there is nothing wrong with that!  However, we can sometimes get so wrapped up in the things we wish for that we forget about what we have already been blessed with.

Making thankful lists is something that my kids enjoy (especially the youngest three)!  If I forget, they remind me about this tradition.  I am so thankful for their hearts filled with gratitude!

My youngest three have allowed me to publish their lists.

Enjoy! (and yes! mine is coming tomorrow)

This year I am thankful for:
1.god
2.jesus
3.dad
4.mom
5.Krissy
6.Jamison
7Sierra
8.Joshua
9.Riley
10.food
11.water
12.pillows
13.blankets
14.Treasa and Jeramy
15.friends
16.camping
17.TV
18.movies
19.animals
20.candy
21.flowers
22.clothes
23.video games
24.toys
25.milk
26.pop
27.juice
28.Shaleen and Tom
29.Ashlee and Luke
30.hunting

Too be continued. . . Brenna chose to interupt this list writing to watch TV. (Shocking, I know) But she says she really wants to write more later!  (If you know Brenna, you know this is totally her!  It makes me smile to record it.)