"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Joshua Is 4!

Joshua Gebeyehu Chad D. is 4 years old today!

He opened most of his gifts last night.
The difference a year makes was crystal clear!
Last year he was unsure about gifts, uncomfortable with the commotion of lots of people, and in NO hurry to see what was in each box.

Last night he dove in!
He called a cheerful "Thank You" to the giver of each gift.
He was thrilled to have us sing Happy Birthday!
He had a blast playing with his friends and cousins!
 Last year, his dad and I bought him a trampoline for his birthday - in the hopes that he would learn to jump.

This year his Godfamily bought him rollerblades!
He can jump, run, climb, and so now it is time to learn to skate!

Thank you God, that my son is learning to skate!
 He is lovin' the rollerblades!

(I did learn one important thing.  When helping a little guy learn to rollerblade, wear shoes!  He rolled over my toes and it hurt!)
 Daddy's boy!

Mom may have been lazy and had a combined party for the extended family - but I still want each of the birthday kids to have some time that is just about each of them.  So today, Joshua got to pick lunch.

Any guesses?
 If you guesses pepperoni pizza and root beer, you were right on!
 The pizza place brought him a special dessert.

He was thrilled!
He even insisted we sing to him before he blew out the candle!

After he got done eating his Birthday meal, he said "OK everybody! Close your eyes!"

We kept chatting - it is hard to get the attention of our crew!

So he repeated, "Everybody! Close your eyes!  I am gonna pray!"

I was shocked!  He has never asked to pray at a restaurant, in fact he often is uncomfortable if we do. Additionally, praying after a meal is "out of order" and Joshua likes routine.  I was truly surprised.  

But what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets!
So I quickly quieted our family so Joshua could pray.

He closed his eyes, bowed his head and said,
"Thank you God, daddy mommy buy me two toys.
Thank you it my birthday.
Thank you pizza and cookie dessert.
Amen"

Some days, I can not even believe how incredibly blessed I am.

Happy Birthday, Joshua Gebeyehu!
We love you so very much!