"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Love Thursdays!

Thursday has become my favorite day of the week, because it is the day (Joshua and) I work for Chad!

Today was extra fun because Chad was doing dirt work, and because Joshua LOVES riding in Daddy's equipment, we went to check on Daddy's workmanship.

Joshua got to ride in all the equipment.
First he tried out the mini-might blade.

 Can you see him in the back?
He loved having the seat all to himself!
 He looks so tiny!
 He liked the blade, but he missed getting to steer!

So, he and daddy took a turn driving the packer!
 Aren't they so cute?!
 He told me, "the packer is bumpy!
 and COLD! The packer no have a door!"

(It was VERY cold - as in 20*)
 Not to fear, they were not cold for long!
When they got cold on the packer,
They tried out the backhoe, it has a cab and heat!

Luckily,
They felt sorry for me standing outside in the cold,
 and picked me up for a ride too!
 Joshua drove!
(Seriously, he DROVE!)

Chad jokes that in a couple of years he will have to pull Joshua out of school to help run equipment when he is shorthanded!  That boy just has a way with machines!
 Eventually, our field trip came to an end!
Mommy had office work to do, 
 and Daddy needed to get some dirt leveled.

We watched the big guys work for a couple of minutes.
It is fun to watch all the equipment running!

And I for one am so thankful that they are moving dirt instead of snow!


I was thinking today about how well Joshua is doing!  It is simply amazing!

He is stuttering rarely these days!  Our family working on speaking more slowly has made a big difference.  When I hear him starting to stutter, I will remind one of his siblings (usually Sierra - she is our fastest, fast talker) to slow down their words.  Usually as our words slow down, his flow with ease.

The other thing that has made a HUGE difference in his speech is being able to be at Kristen's house while I work.  He is just flourishing there.  He loves it!  each new experience he has under Kristen's gentle watch helps his confidence grow that much more.  I am so, so, so, so, soooooo thankful for our sweet Kristen!

I have also been thinking lately about how picky he once was.  He is no longer a picky eater!  He eats almost anything.  He likes most fruits, warm and cold beverages, and some vegetables.  He still prefers things to be cool rather than ice cold, and soft to crunchy veggies - but compared to months ago that is minor!  He also has learned to love candy and baked goods.  

I laugh when I watch him eat at church on Wednesday nights. Last year he always asked me to remove his dessert from his plate.  Sugary treats grossed him out!  Fast forward one year and it is the vegetables that need to be removed. . . and his dessert is eaten first!
Today he insisted on making his own lunch!  He wanted a "Barney Sandwich" (peanut butter and jelly) without the jelly.  So he got out the bread and knife and peanut butter - and fixed a sandwich all by himself!  Then he lay down on the couch to watch TV with Jay (who is home sick) and fell asleep.

I Love Thursdays!