"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, November 1, 2010

Got Prayers?

I would appreciate some specific prayers this week. I have many ministry opportunities happening this week, and it has been months since I have done any ministry work outside of my home!
  • Wednesday morning I will be going to Krissy's school to speak to her sewing class. Krissy explained to her sewing teacher that some friends of ours will be going to Ethiopia this January to do some mission work and they were hoping to bring pillowcase dresses to the young girls there. Krissy found a pattern, made a sample dress (with the help of Grandma Donna), and proposed to her teacher that their class make dresses to send with our friends. Wednesday morning, Joshua and I have the pleasure of receiving these dresses and sharing a little with the class. I will blog specifically about this later in the week, but in the mean time please pray that I can be encouraging, appreciative, eye-opening, and challenging to the girls. Also pray that Krissy feels good about what I share, as a ninth grader mom coming to school is kind of weird and I really want it to be a good day for her! I am really proud of her!
  • Wednesday evening, I will be facilitating a DVD class at our church called Visionary Parenting. (click to get more info.) Please pray that people will attend - adult education is not always taken advantage of in our church. Pray that God's vision for the families who take part is clear. Pray that Joshua and his Daddy have some super bonding time with mommy and all the big kids out of the house.
  • Sunday I will be sharing during the church service. This Sunday is Orphan Sunday and I have been granted the opportunity to share. I know I need to share our family's story, but I also feel God calling me to share more... I am not 100% sure what that more is. Please pray for me as I discern the "more." Pray that His spirit would fill our church, that His love for us, His love for orphans, and his plan for adoption (both spiritual and physical) would be clear. Pray that He would be glorified by my words. Pray that people do not just listen and forget, but that hearts are challenged, broken, and changed to the point that action takes place.

Thanks for praying for me!