"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tool Time and lots of misc. thoughts!

Last night Daddy and Joshua fixed the broken wagon Joshua salvaged from our garage sale donations. Joshua was so very excited to help!


Joshua really, really loved the screw gun!

Did you know it makes a "wrrrr" noise AND the tip spins? Very cool!

When Daddy saw how much fun Joshua was having with the screw gun, he went to the garage to get a second one so they BOTH had cool tools to fix the wagon!

"See Daddy? Joshua help you!"

The second the job was done, Joshua had to fill the wagon up and give it a try!

He was off to show Daddy that they did a good job!

***I had someone ask me a very good question, thought others might be wondering so I will answer here. If I have such a heart for adopting a waiting child in the US, why did we adopt from Ethiopia?

The whole truth is that my heart hurts for all children that are wishing and waiting for families. To me it makes no difference where in the world they are located, their pain is the same. We can come up with a lot of good arguments about why one or the the is more important, but for us the decision was simple. We did not research multiple types of adoption or multiple countries. We did not even research multiple agencies. In our case, God's plan seemed very specific. Go to IAN. Go to Ethiopia. Toddler boy. HURRY UP! I know it is rarely that simple. I would ordinarily recommend more research, but sometimes you have to break all the rules and simply follow!

So why talk about domestic adoptions from the foster care system? Not totally sure, but it has been on my heart. I am learning that when something is on my heart it is often from Him and should be shared. Besides it is my blog and I can share if I want too =)!

**Last change of subject, I promise. The D household may not be participating in any Santa stuff this year. Last night the sisters were telling Joshua all about Santa. He has spent all day asking me if Santa is going to get him? (No Joshua stay with mommy and daddy, Santa no get you!) Does he have to sit on Santa's lap? (No Joshua) Will Santa throw him in the garbage? (NO Joshua! Only yucky in garbage. Joshua stay with mommy and daddy) And the list went on and on and on. He is not one bit excited about some big man in red who carries a sack that looks an awful lot like a garbage bag coming into his house. (Do you blame him?) So... if you really want your kids to keep believing in Santa, you probably better keep them away from my Joshua because his mommy told him "Santa is only pretend!" Case closed, nothing more to worry about!

For the record, I have very mixed feelings about Santa anyway. I love the original legend/story of St. Nicholas. I love the spirit of giving. I love the fun and silliness of it, but in a way we are totally lying to our kids. So we will stuff stockings, but we will all be involved in the fun.