"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Sierra Faith

Our Sierra Faith turned 11 today!

There has most likely never been a sweeter, kinder, more thoughtful, and enthusiastic birthday girl. No kidding - this daughter of mine has a way of making people feel loved and appreciated. I guess it is because she really does love and appreciate people! She can always find something good about EVERYONE! She is the first to make a kind comment - sincerely to cheer someone up or make them feel important. I call her irrepressible. She is like a balloon filled with helium, you can try to hold her down but she pops right back up again. Her enthusiasm and life challenge me to love more and be more every day.


Sierra chose cheesecake. (FYI, she did not blow out all the candles BUT she is also NOT allowed to have boyfriends!!)

Joshua and Daddy shopped for Sierra's birthday present last night while the older kids and I were at church. He was so excited to show me her gift when I got home! He brought it to her the moment he woke up this morning. After school, the youngest three cuddled up on the couch and gave Sierra's brand-new DVD player a try.

This skinny little sweetie loves, loves, loves to hunt. She can hardly wait until next year because she will be able to carry a shotgun. She is positive that she will clean anything she harvests, so Grammy bought her a hunting knife. I should have video of Sierra doing her best model run-way walk with her knife held on her hip. Cute and tough? Daddy says, "that's my girl!"

After it settled down a little (Grammy, Grandma, Grandma and Grandpa Great, and Aunt Cindy and Uncle Brian joined us for supper) the girls tried out Sierra's new stuff... the game Apples to Apples

and a bracelet making kit.

It was a fun evening! And Joshua did super! It was the biggest commotion we have had around here since he has been home. I told him multiple times throughout the evening that I was really proud of him. He played so nicely and remembered to let his siblings have turns talking. He was very "true to himself" in that he acted much like he would when it was just us in the midst of the crowd. So awesome my son!

**Keeping true to myself, I want to share a Yeah, God! moment from today. I have spent a bit of time preparing for a tax audit that was supposed to take place next Monday. That stuff stresses me out, lots... more than it should! We hire a terrific CPA that I trust, but being audited makes me feel suspect and under the microscope. Anyway, today I received word that the audit has been postponed indefinitely! YEAH!

Secondly, Chad received a signed contract for a job that will keep our guys busy for most of the winter! We have been slow this summer, which was wonderful in that it made both of us more available to our kids - but we really needed this project (and God-willing a couple more) to keep us going this winter. We are thankful for God's provision.