"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend in Pictures

Thanksgiving weekend is one of my favorite long weekends of the year. I traditionally do not leave the house, but spend the whole weekend decorating for Christmas, cooking, and watching cheesy Christmas movies.

Here is a glimpse at our weekend.


Joshua is into books - here he is reading with Grandma Donna.

Here it is Daddy's turn to read.

Snuggling siblings.
(the littlest two were laying on Krissy but she did not allow me to photograph her pre-makup ...not that I blame her)

Daddy told Joshua he could "help" move snow with the jeep. Joshua was so totally excited he did not even allow Daddy time to brush his teeth before they got their shoes on to go!

Joshua made sure mommy was taking pictures!

There they are working hard!

Grammy was next in line to read to Joshua.

Daddy let him try Diet Coke - Mommy was not too excited - but Joshua loved it!

Krissy let Joshua play with her camera, he really enjoyed the super bright flash.

Here he is capturing Grandma Great and Grammy working on gravy. Joshua was super excited about this because he helped me buy a new strainer for Grandma Great to use and he could not wait to see how it worked. He ran to get it out of the cupboard for her the moment she walked in. He has THE best memory, it is truly shocking. AND he really loves Grandma Great.

One of my very favorite Christmas decorations is our "family tree." I have a small Christmas tree that my mom gave me when Sierra was born. It is decorated with framed pictures of the kids each year at Christmas. It is so fun to see how they have changed over the years. This is Joshua's first Christmas ornament. He and I were both so excited!

He hung it all by himself.

Thank you God that this cute Ethiopian cowboy is our son.

I asked, begged, or bribed - whichever was necessary - the kids into letting me take their pictures with a Santa hat on for a silly display I had in mind. It was really fun!












You will have to drop by to see the finished product!

I hope you had a wonderful, restful Thanksgiving weekend as well.