"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 14, 2011

Glimpsing God's Goodness this Valentine's Day

I love viewing God's extravagant love in the colors He paints the clouds.


This beautiful sunset felt like God's Valentine to me on this Valentine's Day!

One of the things I have always loved is giving little gifts. In the last year I have made it a goal to have the majority of my little gift purchases give money to support causes I love (rather than stores I like). One of the little gifts I gave this Valentine's Day was bracelets made by a mom working hard to bring her little one home. Her goal is (was) to sell 3000 bracelets to cover the cost of her daughter's adoption. The bracelets come in many different colors and are packaged in a beautiful way (as seen above). You can buy yours here.

***God is so amazing! I purchased my bracelets a while ago and after I posted her link I decided I better check to make sure it still worked. Guess who was picked up by her mommy TODAY? Guess who is an orphan NO MORE... Isabella. The very baby that these bracelets were purchased in support of... AMAZING!

Check out the link just the same... Isabella's mommy has handed off her fundraiser to another family. So you can still purchase these cute bracelets and help bring a little one home - how cool is that?!***



Joshua Gebeyehu experienced his first Valentine making - complete with glitter glue. Look at the concentration!

And look at that joy and excitement!

One of our other Valentine projects today was scarf making. Pretty cute, don't you think?
I was snapping a picture of my sweet Valentine gifts when "my silly Valentine" insisted on being in the picture too. Happy Valentine's Day from our house to yours!

May we all remember today and every day the words of 1 Corinthians 13:13:
TRUST steadily in God,
HOPE unswervingly,
LOVE extravagantly.
And the best of the three is LOVE.