"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, October 17, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta

One of the things I hope this blog does is preserve a but of (OK so maybe a lot of) the normal stuff that makes our family... our family.  Even though I do not love to cook, I recognize that food is a memory maker.  So once in a while I record a favorite family recipe.

This is one Chad and I favor.

Cajun Chicken Pasta:
2 boneless chicken breasts
2T olive oil
1 can black olives, sliced
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder (or more)
2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 sweet red pepper (or use a roasted red pepper from a jar)
1 sm. can mushrooms, sliced
3 cups half and half
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 lb of your favorite pasta

Cube chicken.  Cook chicken and all the spices in olive oil.  When chicken is nearly cooked, add peppers, mushrooms, and olives.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat.  Add half and half and parmesan.  Heat through.  Add (cooked) noodles and toss.

If you do not like spicy food, be careful of the cajun seasoning.

And Brenna, yes I do realize you HATE mushrooms!  They are in there for me, sweety.  Thanks for picking them out so politely!  Remember how I always make this with cheesy garlic toast?  THAT is for you!