"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jay's Final Race

Jamison ran his final cross country race today.

It was the WDA Championship, the biggest race of the Middle School Season.

We road tripped 4 hours to watch Jay race today!
I'm so glad we did!

We arrived in time to watch the High School kids race.
I loved it, but our "shorter" spectators got a little distracted!
Wrestling is always a good way to kill time.

When they noticed me snapping pictures, Joshua and Sierra paused to pose.

Wrestling was resumed very quickly... this time with Daddy tickles added in for extra fun.

Eventually Joshua took a little snuggle break.
(yep, I loved that)

Can you tell I enjoy my kids?
They make my heart smile!

If you would look up "momma's boy" in the dictionary right now,
you would see a picture of my Joshua Gubs.
He is MY BOY to an extreme!

It was a sacrifice for daddy to be at the race today.
He loves to watch the kids do things, but today was also opening day for pheasant hunting.
I love that he chooses to put his kids first.
(Don't feel too sorry for him! He will be hunting tomorrow!)
Sierra and Joshua were "racing" while they waited.
Next year we will be watching Sierra run, too!

Joshua is all smiles as we cheer for him while he "races."

At last Jamison's race was lined up to start,
check out all those racers!

And they are off!

Jay and the group of teammates that he trains with most call themselves, "The Wolf Pack."

One of the things I love about cross country is that spectators do not sit in the stands and watch.
I love trying to see Jay at as many different spots in the race course as possible.
You have to be quick though, so Joshua has to be in his jogging stroller.
When we packed it up today, I realized it may be the last time he uses it.
By next season, he will be fast enough to keep up with his crazy momma!

Almost half-way done

Pushing through!

The finish!

Jay finished 19th today!
19th in the WDA!
We are proud of you Jamison!

It was an awesome season!
I can hardly wait for next year!

All that "racing" was hard work!
(I have a feeling that the bus full of racers was not quite as quiet as our vehicle was...)

It was a great end to a great season!