"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Joshua goes to High School

Yesterday Joshua was able to go to school with Krissy!

She is taking a child development class, and they had planned an hour of preschool activities.

I was worried about how Joshua would do, but she begged and begged.  I was worried she would be upset or embarrassed if Joshua was scared or naughty.  I was worried it would be more than he could handle.  Yet, I really trust Krissy.  The bottom-line is that she has proven time and time again that she can protect, nurture, and encourage her little brother - so I said yes!

Joshua was excited, but he was also nervous.  He told us that he would only talk to Krissy!  She kept reassuring him that that would be fine.  He could sit on her lap the whole time if he needed to.  However he would need to listen to her.  He agreed.

Child development is her first class of the day, which meant she arrived at school with Joshua.  They stopped for donuts on the way.  He loved that!

Krissy said he did a great job at "play school!"  He did sit near her the whole time, but he participated in the activities they did.  She was proud of him.

So was he!

Chad picked him up, and then brought him to my office after play school.  Joshua was thrilled!  He proudly showed me his projects, and he told me all about his morning.

It is so exciting to see him becoming so capable, confident, and outgoing! Joshua GUbs we are proud of you!