"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Berra-girl


Sometimes, because he is little and cute, Joshua stories and Joshua photos tend to take over my blog.  For the most part, the older kids enjoy that!

However,
 I snapped these photos of Sierra over the weekend, and decided they were too beautiful to keep to myself.  My Berra-girl is slowly transforming from little girl to teen-ager.  And I want to take a minute to celebrate all that she is.

Sierra Faith is a most amazing 6th grade girl.

She is tall, skinny, and all legs!
 (WITH stunning, long, blonde hair)
Her feet are now one size bigger than mine, and
I suspect by the end of the summer she will be as tall as I am.
Yet she moves with the grace of a dancer.

She scoffs "dating!"
Saying, "Who needs a boyfriend in 6th grade? It's dumb!"
(Chad and I love that!)

She is warm, warm, warm.
Sierra is always quick to notice someone in need of a hug or a word of encouragement.

She loves to serve.
More often than not, she "disappears" during church because she has noticed some task that she could help with.  I have found her in the kitchen, church nursery, and Sunday School classrooms recently - happily helping in her gracious manner.

She is proud of her faith and does not struggle with sharing it.
She works hard to live in a God-pleasing way.
She told me last week about a tough decision she had made, "because I prayed about it, and I really think it is what God wants me to do."

She is smart but rarely serious.
She IS silly and fun!

She is honest.
She lets positive comments flow freely,
but usually keeps the negative stuff to herself.

She is all heart,
which once in a while comes out in a fiery temper.

She is stunningly beautiful,
because she allows the love, grace, and faith of Jesus
to shine brightly through her.
I celebrate, today, all that Sierra is
AND
all that she will become.

You are a treasure Berra-girl.
I am so proud of the enthusiastic, encouraging way you live.
I adore the way you serve so purely and naturally.
I am challenged and encouraged by the way you follow Jesus.
I am so thankful God chose me to be your mom.