"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, April 15, 2012

These Are the Busiest Days of My Life!

Yesterday...

6:00 wake up for shower for the day
7:00 start making breakfast
7:45 pick up Sierra from a lock-in
8:10 feed the crew breakfast
8:30 send Jamison to his first basketball game of the day
9:15 leave for Women's Brunch at church
12:15 receive "where are you" text from Jamison
12:17 race home to drive Jamison to his track meet
12:40 drop off Jay at track meet (10 min late)
1:00 go through McDonald's to pick up lunch for Chad
1:19 arrive at the lot, eat lunch, and see Chad's progress in staking the house
1:55 return to the track meet, eventually watch Jamison run a respectable 800
4:20 leave track meet, stop at Good Times for Jay's lunch
5:00 return to the lot to watch Chad begin digging our new house
6:30 head home to bring Jamison to basketball game #2
7:00 watch Jay play ball
8:20 drive through McDonald's (again) for supper (GROSS!)
8:45 Joshua in the bath and eventually bed
9:30 make late night snacks with Chad who returned home from digging the house
10:25 attempt sleep, however spend more of the night planning the next day than actually sleeping

***For those of you who know me well, you know that driving through fast food once in a day signifies extreme busyness.  (I am NOT a fan of fast food!!!) Three times in a fast food drive-up in the same day, that is just completely, totally over the top!***

As I record this crazy chain of events, it is not with complaint.  It is about me wishing to remember the moments.  I love these days of chasing after my kids.  I love the conversations that happen in-between activities.  I love the hidden grin Jay shoots me when I arrive to watch him race.  I love bringing Chad lunch, and praising the progress he is making on our home.  I love watching Joshua play in the dirt and drive backhoe.  I love listening to Brenna's and Sierra's stories.  I love sharing hopes and dreams with Krissy.

I love being mom at this very moment, with kids at all kinds of ages and stages, and more to do than I will ever get done.

Some days are overstuffed with activity, but that crazy rush is evidence of all my blessings.

And even in these crazy, overstuffed, rushed days - I am so aware that these are the best days of my life.  Days when I am in the center of it all, soaking it all in!

I am thanking God today that I am surrounded by a swirl of activity.  I am having the time of my life.