"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mr. Plungy

This post is further evidence that my children are delightfully wacky, and that I have a terrific sense of humor.  (My kids are groaning and rolling their eyes at that last statement!)

Perhaps the goofiest of our kids is Jamison! I think it has something to do with being an 8th grade boy. . .  Anyway, one Saturday we were killing time while the house was being shown.  Krissy had Jamison and Joshua with her, and they stopped at the dollar store.  (Because Krissy is awesomely smart, and she has learned when all else fails killin' time at the dollar store is cheap entertainment!)

Jamison chose to purchase. . . a toilet plunger!  He thought it was THE FUNNIEST thing EVER.  Just looking at it made him laugh!  He named it "Mr Plungy" and carried it around like a doll (for an hour or so).  (And YES, 8th grade boys have an extremely weird sense of humor!)

Joshua thinks ANYTHING Jay does is SUPER COOL so. . .

The next day I was handing out allowance.  Joshua does not get allowance yet, but he asked me for some that day.  He pointed out that he did help clean up his room, so I handed him a dollar. (Yeah, I know - I am a BIG spender!)

He was so so so thrilled!  He yelled, "Krissy!  I havie a dollar!  Will you drive me to the dollar store?  I NEED to BUY a PLUNGER!"

Yep.  You guessed it.

She did.

Which means that Joshua spent the very first dollar he ever earned on A TOILET PLUNGER! which he named "Mr. Plungy" just like Jamison.

(I told you my kids are hilarious! I am so thankful for the many things they do that make me laugh out loud!)