"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Surprising Morning

 That's my son.
Seriously!

He was required to dress up for a school project today.
It is the first time since he was a preschooler that he has worn dress pants.
Seriously!

Shopping with him was a hoot.
Neither of us had a clue what was cool; and then when he came out of the dressing room looking like a man, I almost lost it right in the store.
Seriously!
The other delight of my morning came when Brenna surprised us with breakfast!

Hot and healthy breakfast has become a tradition this school year.
My kids do not eat toast and cereal well, and because they are all growing so incredibly much, I decided that making breakfast each morning was important.  It has been a bit challenging.  In the end, I chose to give up my morning workout routine in order to prepare pancakes, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc... each morning.  It has been worth it though!  Jamison has grown 4-5 inches this school year, and I feel like he has really needed this start to his day.  Even Krissy enjoys it.  One morning, I was running behind and they were stuck with cereal.  She told me it was a "totally depressing" way to start the day.

This morning  when I entered the kitchen, Brenna had the skillet going and coffee made!
(My kids' love language may be breakfast - but mine is most certainly COFFEE!)
Sweet Brenna Joy served us all scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes before boarding the bus.
It was a delightful way to start the day!