"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reminders of Things Soon to Come!

Every day, it seems, there is something in my mailbox that reminds me that our oldest daughter will soon fly the coop.

Most days it is post cards or catalogs from colleges, trying to entice her into moving far, far away.

Today, it was this:

For some reason, it was this that placed tears in my eyes.

It is easy to pretend we really do not have a high school student under our roof when I am not actually at the high school!  Today we were invited to an awards ceremony at her high school, and although I am beyond proud of her, it makes the fact that in two years we will go to her graduation really hard to ignore!

In all reality, I am thankful for these reminders!  I am going to need each one of them to help me prepare for her departure.

My goal is to enjoy every minute of the next two years!

Two years from now, when we are planning her Grad Party (sniff),
I want to be ready to celebrate with her -
and NOT
burden her with my grief!

She is a smart, strong, confident young lady.
If far, far away is the desire of her heart, I plan to do everything I can to give her strong wings.

I am SO excited to see where those wings fly.