"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mommy's New Ears

It has been an incredibly busy week and weekend. Tonight I really want to sip on a glass of wine and chat with my husband so I will tell you just one quick Joshua story.


Daddy was gone last week - Monday through Thursday. Friday we finished setting up for the garage sale. Saturday we had the garage sale and cleaned all the stuff up. Today was church, cleaning, laundry, a trip to Walmart, homework, and then a quick visit with Auntie Miranda and cousins Ainsley and Addi.


So by late this afternoon this momma needed a break. I called Chad upstairs and told him that I was not going to make it until bedtime - my ears needed a break NOW! I simply could not process any more conversation. Joshua talks nonstop and it takes a bit of concentration to catch all his words. He also does not do the best job of waiting to tell me something until another speaker is done. So I am almost always carrying on 2 (sometimes 3 or 4) conversations at the same time. By 4:30 this afternoon I absolutely HAD to have some quiet.

So Chad scooped up a not very happy Joshua and I left for a quick walk. I returned home about 25 minutes later feeling much better.

I immediately went downstairs to let Joshua know I was home and he wanted to see mommy's new ears. (Remember he listens to everything and I had told Chad that my ears needed a break... Joshua translated that to momma's ears were broken.)

I moved my hair to show him that my ears were fine.

A little while later we sat down to supper and when we said prayers Joshua added, "Thank you Mommy's new ears."


We all had a very hard time not belly laughing, but we held it together with big grins and I thanked my sweet son for praying for me. He beamed and checked my ears out one last time.


***Also in case you are wondering we sold $292 at the garage sale. I was pleased since it is October which is certainly not he height of garage sale season. All the items we sold were under $10, most of them $1 or less - so we sold A LOT of items. Thanks to all who helped me!