"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, October 28, 2010

So, what does Joshua think of snow?

Yesterday looked like this:

It was cold, it was blowing (seriously blowing like gusts of 60mph), it was snowing. No travel was advised. Winter entered with vengeance!

And my little Ethiopian was pumped! He proudly tromped around the house in his new snowboots. He practiced making snow angels on the livingroom floor. He begged and begged for me to "pleasie hurry and take you Joshua outside!"

Well, I stalled for quite some time. I tried to explain that this snow was yucky, later the snow would be more fun. He was not convinced.

About midmorning I decided to venture out to Wal-mart. I had not bought a winter coat for Brenna yet, and she absolutely HAD to have one so off we went.

I loaded Joshua up in my SUV, which was parked warm and cozy in the garage. Joshua was so excited to see snow everywhere, but remember he had not yet felt it!

When we pulled into Wal-mart I asked him if mommy could please carry him.

"Joshua walk!" was his response.

It was seriously yucky out, but how do I deny this excited boy his first chance to step in snow?

We got out of the SUV. It was cold, but my truck was blocking most of the wind. Joshua said, "It cold!" and grinned ear to ear as he heard the fun noise his boots made in the snow.

Then we rounded the corner and he experienced the full force of the wind and sleety snow gusting into his face. He stopped in his tracks, threw up his arms and wailed, "Mommy hold you!"

I grabbed him, buried his face in my shoulder to protect him from the painful sleety snow, and raced into the store.

When we got inside, it took a minute for him to catch his breath. He truly did not know how to breath in the combination of cold and windy air. As soon as he could speak he told me quite seriously, "Mommy snow NAUGHTY!"

I could not agree more!

I am not a fan of snow, but my two littlest kids sure look cute in their new coats if I do say so myself!