"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, May 20, 2011

Just a Swinging!

Wednesday was Grammy's birthday. So we brought supper to her house. After supper the kids rushed outside to swing and explore. I was peaking at them out the window as we finished our coffee and dessert.

First I see Jamison pushing Sierra WAY HIGH!
I could hear their giggles through the window.
I thought, "Old fashioned farm fun is so great!"
Then it was Brenna's turn.
I was a little nervous about how high she went,
but I reminded myself that Brenna is tough!
Jamison at 13 always has to come up with a tougher physical challenge.
He would swing as high as he could and then kick up his feet.
Sierra would mark his height.
Then he would do it again, trying to break his own record.

I was totally enjoying the show.
Until I saw this...
I think I stopped breathing when I saw them helping Joshua onto the swing!
I started gasping, "Oh no! No! He's too little!"
He did NOT think he was too little!
He was all giggles and smiles!

In fact, when I went out (perhaps trying not to sprint in a panic!) he told me. "Mommy NO help me! Jay help me! Joshua can do it! Jamison! Jamison, push you Joshua HIGHER!"

OH.MY.STARS!
Soon my little man was coming up with a physical challenge of his own!
He tried to kick his big brother each time he would swing near him!
He would giggle like crazy when he succeeded!
And when he got tired,
he would yell for Sierra to help him down!
His smile says it all!
He was so proud!
He had so much fun!

Although watching nearly gave me a heart attack, I was so incredibly proud of him too! Last summer he was so terribly weak. His shoulder muscles were so underdeveloped that it was hard to pick him up. I had to grip him tightly under his armpits when I picked him up, or he would sort of slip through my grasp. The muscles between my thumbs and pointer fingers got so sore from gripping him. There is NO WAY he could have held his own weight on that swing when it was still much less when it was spinning around! His progress is totally amazing! I am so very thankful!

I am so happy that my 3 year old boy is giving his momma's heart attacks due to his daring stunts! Especially when the stunt is over and my boy is unharmed!