"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 30, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago TODAY, May 30, 2009, I woke up in Ethiopia knowing that I would at long last hold my son.

As we drove toward the care center, I remember just trying to take it all in. I wanted to remember every sight, sound, and smell. I will never forget driving through the gates of the care center. Getting out of the car, looking up to the balcony full of children, hearing all the Amharic chatter, wondering what I was to do next... and then seeing my Gebeyehu in the middle of all the children looking so uncertain.

This is the very first glimpse I had of my boy.
It still makes my heart ache to see him as an orphan waiting for HIS momma to come.

What a difference one year has made!
I wanted a different balcony picture this year. I picture of my silly, happy, loved SON - surrounded by "his kids."

I was hoping to be able to savor and celebrate this very special anniversary. And I will...soon. For now, helping our neighbors prepare for flooding comes first. However I could not let this day go by unnoticed. It was truly one of the best days of my life. Finally being able to hold, bathe, clothe, snuggle, play with, and comfort my Joshua Gubs brought such an enormous sense of joy and gratitude. I was so relieved to finally be with him.

Joshua Gebeyehu Chad, I am honored to be your momma! We are honored to be your family! We are so very thankful that God chose us to be your family! We love you sooooooooooooooooooooo much!