"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 23, 2011

Krissy's Fav. Hashbrown Ham Bake

Krissy called me after school today. It is finals week. When I asked her how she was, she responded, "I am so stressed out! I think all my hair may even fall out!"

Remember finals?

Not everything about being young is fun!

So what is a mom to do? Cook, of course! Momma's comfort food is "supposed to" help in even the worst moments, right?!?

Krissy is the hardest of my children to cook for. I can think of many more things she does not like than things she does like! She tolerates most of what we eat, but really likes very little. There is actually only one meal that I make that she requests!

Hashbrown Ham Bake:
16 oz sour cream
1 pkg frozen hashbrowns
2 cups shredded co-jack cheese
2 cups crushed corn flakes
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed ham
1/2 cup butter

In a large bowl stir together sour cream and soup. Stir in potatoes, ham, and cheese. Put in sprayed 8x13 pan. Top with corn flakes drizzled with melted butter. Bake at 350* for about 55 minutes.

We have a funny combination going on this week. My elementary age kids are spending the last week watching movies, participating in field days and picnics, and having a whole lot of fun! Jamison has some tests, but they will not affect his grades. (A nice way to start practicing for final exams.) While, Krissy is slammed with final exam pressure.

The good news is that in just 4 more days, SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!