"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Riding Grandpa's Horses!

Today was the day both Grandpa and Joshua had been waiting for! Today was the day Joshua got to ride horse for the first time!

Brenna went first to show Joshua the ropes!
Brenna loves to ride!

Joshua was SURE that Brenna took WAY too long. At one point he suggested to me that "Grandpa bring Brenna home later." Meaning, get my sister off that horse so I can have a turn... please!
Sierra does not ride, but she likes to pet and brush the horses.
Happy boys!
I was not totally sure Joshua would be up to the challenge. He was TERRIFIED of the horses last summer. He was very quiet (aka worried) on the way to Grandpa's. He was totally uncomfortable sitting on the saddle off the horse. But once he was on the horse with Grandpa, he was hooked!
Look who is holding the reins, just like Brenna!
"Grandpa, Joshua I want Reb (the horse) spin!"
Did he like spinning?
Oh, Yeah!
At one point they stopped in the center of the arena and I walked over for a close up or two. Joshua quickly informed me, "Joshua no done riding! Mommy sit with Grandma more!"
Joshua is my child of extremes. He went from scared to be near a horse to begging to gallop! He figured out that Grandpa tells Reb to gallop by making a kissing noise. When Grandpa would slow down, Joshua would kiss to Reb!
"Joshua do it!"
3 cowpokes headed back to the barn
Can't forget the kitties!

As we were leaving the barn Joshua said, "Thank you letting me ride Reb, Grandpa!" Our son has such a pure, sweet heart. He remembers thank you's better than any 3 year old I have ever known, and they come all the way from his toes.