"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Off To The Races

The track season came to an end today! I totally enjoyed track, it was my favorite sport to watch all year.
Although Jamison ran distance events all season - the 3200 relay, 800, and 1600 - he decided to try something new (and crazy!) at his final meet... the 200 HURDLES! As with anything Jamison does, he gave it his all. He finished the race in 9th place, with no practice or instruction. However, twisting and jumping the hurdles put a pretty good size kink in his side, making his 1600 and 800 slow and painful. (No permanent injury. His side and hip muscles just tightened up enough to cause running long and hard to be misery!)

I am so curious and excited to see what events he chooses to run next year!
Sierra had her 5th grade all city track meet today. She was so excited! She was for weeks practicing because she wanted to run the mile well. Her best time prior today was 8:05. Today she ran the mile in 7:29, finishing 7th. She totally crushed it! She worked hard, but still had her typical Sierra flair! She waved and fist pumped to her friends as she ran by as only Sierra would!

Sierra plans to run summer track during the month of June. It will be fun to see her skills develop.
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is HOW MUCH FOOD my teenage son needs to eat to maintain his active growing body! He is pictured above with his before bed snack, the hugest bowl of chocolate ice cream slathered in carmel you have ever seen!
I have been working out every day, but somehow I am just not able to eat like my son. Pictured above is my before bed "snack." It is just NOT FAIR!