"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Dietrich Driver


Our tall son got his driving permit today!

I am not sure who is more excited. . .
Jamison
or me?!?

Truly, I am thrilled to have another driver in training, because


we bought this little cutie for him to learn to drive in!

Which means, momma will be keeping the mega-momma-mobile in the garage more often than not in the next year!  Now, don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for the flexibility that our 12 passenger van provides.  However, there is NOTHING cute about it!  It is also very hard to learn in because it is so stinking huge.  Since Chad drives a 1-Ton-Dually truck, driving with dad is not any safer.  So, Chad went shopping.

Chad is one of the best vehicle finders ever.  He found this little jeep in a salvage lot.  It is a 2004 with very few miles. It was totaled out, but it needs very little work.  It just needs some paintless dent repair, a fender, a fender flare, and some control arm parts replaced. (Damage is on the side of the jeep not photographed.)  Now that is all Greek to me, but Chad will have it fixed up in no time.

I am so thankful for the skills my husband has!  He saves us money time and time again with his ability to do anything and everything!

I have already warned Jamison that he may never be able to peel me out of this teeny tiny SUV.  For the moment, he just grins - but I have a feeling once that permit becomes a full fledged drivers license he may become a bit more territorial!