"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Most years we spend Memorial Day weekend in the camper. The weather is almost always cold and rainy, but that rarely stops us.  This year we have decided that since in 32 days we will be living in a camper full-time, we might be wise to enjoy a real roof while we can!

So. . .
 Memorial Day weekend started with Chad and I working on installing our water line.  (OK, so mostly Chad - but he did find me a couple of things to "help" with!)
Unfortunately, the backhoe wanted a weekend off!  (a hydraulic line broke)

Which meant we spent a lot of time:
 shopping online

 and in stores.

We accomplished a lot!  We chose and purchased our light fixtures, tubs, sinks, faucets, showers, shingles, and doors.  Crazy how much money one couple can spend in 36 hours!

One thing that has been different about building this house is that Chad is enjoying being a part of each and every step.  When we built our current home, he left many things totally up to me.  I chose light fixtures and plumbing fixtures all by myself.  I am enjoying his input!

We also spent a lot of time doing this:
 I NEVER watch TV, and I watched 2 movies this weekend!

Joshua also let me snooze on the couch two mornings while he watched a movie.  This morning he even tucked me in on the couch with a kiss and my favorite blanket!  It was the perfect solution.  I was able to sleep in, and he was not lonely when he woke way before the rest of the family.
I even laced on my running shoes several times over the weekend!

I have missed running more than I can even explain, so it was such a treat!

It is a bit sobering as well.  My "long" run this morning was 3 miles.  That same route used to be my short fast hill route.  Oh, well!  I have to restart somewhere!

It was most certainly the most relaxing weekend I have had since Hawaii.  And I have a sneaking suspicion that this 4 day weekend may be as close to a summer vacation as I get!

It may not be a restful summer, but it is sure to be an exciting, adventurous, and very memorable one!