"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Muddy!

Last night Sierra and Tishina (one of her BFFs) begged to attend a summer kick-off event at another church in town.  How could I and/or why would I say no to that?

 You can imagine my utter surprise when I returned and found them looking like THIS!?!

They were totally caked with thick, stinky mud!
It was really, really gross!

While this church did have a hose hooked up for kids to spray themselves off, the line was WAY long.  I was tired and the girls were shivering like crazy, so. . .
 I found some garbage bags in my van, and "clothed" the girls in them for the ride home.

I am pausing here to pat my own back.

I have never, ever, ever hauled ANYTHING as messy as these two girls were in ANY vehicle.  Yet, when I saw them walk up to my van 20 minutes later than we had agreed upon, covered in thick, stinky mud - I DID NOT lose it!   I simply told them that they were very lucky that I picked them up rather than Krissy!  They totally agreed, and promised to shampoo the mud out of my van ASAP.

I really like clean.
I also really like ON TIME.
Thus I am really proud of myself!
I must be growing up.
When we arrived home, there was NO choice but to hose her off in the garage.  This was not because we were punishing her.  We just knew that the amount of mud that she was wearing would undoubtedly clog the drain.  Lucky for her, we have warm water in our garage!

 The amount of mud that rolled off of her was totally astonishing.

Chad truly hosed her off for 15+ minutes.
Sierra says she will never, ever, ever, ever play in the mud again.

She is my party-girl (in a sweet, delightful, fun way).

I am more than sure that she will have a few more adventurous surprises in store for me during her teen years! I promise to take LOTS of pictures along the way.  Hers as sure to be the high school graduation DVD you will not want to miss!