"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, May 13, 2012

' Vegas Baby!

My handsome husband is always up for an adventure, and this weekend he convinced Krissy to join him one BIG one!  Last week Chad purchased a dump truck through an online auction.  He got a great deal, and because he could put it to use right away, he decided to fly to Las Vegas and drive it home. (rather than having it shipped)


 I dropped Krissy and Chad off at the airport at 3:30 Friday afternoon.  They flew to Vegas, picked up the truck, and immediately started driving north.

The truck runs great but it rides like a dump truck!  It also has a governor, so they were only able to drive 60 MPH the whole way home.

They still made it home in time to surprise me this morning.  I was in McLaughlin, SD serving breakfast with a team for our church.  I was VERY surprised when Chad and Krissy walked into the church ready to wish me a Happy Mother's Day!  When Chad planned the trip for this weekend I told him that I better get something good for Mother's Day since he would be gone.  I certainly received a wonderful gift!

We all arrived home at about 1:00.  Jamison had been left in charge of Joshua and Brenna.  He did a wonderful job!  He even had lunch waiting for us.  That is HUGE as my tall son detests cooking!  My sweet Brenna girl had been working on the laundry.  She also made me a yummy smoothie as a special treat.

Nap time followed lunch.  I slept until 5:00!  It was heavenly.

Then we stopped by the Chinese buffet for supper, and proceeded to the lot to give the dump truck a try.

Joshua was REALLY excited about the dump truck.
(surprising, I know)


Daddy had showed him pictures of it, and Joshua noticed right away that it had
 a SECOND SEAT, just for him!

No air bags in this beast, so Joshua can ride shotgun to his heart's content.
My boys quickly discovered that the dump truck works great!

I insisted on one photo this Mother's Day.
It is historic.
It is the first Mother's Day in which I have a child who is taller than I am.
It will not be long before my "tall son" towers over me.


Watching my kids grow - physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually - makes my heart sing. 

Thank you God, for choosing ME to be Krissy, Jamison, Sierra, Brenna, and Joshua Gebeyehu Dietrich's mom.  Thank you for entrusting 5 of Your treasures into my care. Help me to honor You in the way I parent them.

** Construction update coming soon.  I am so excited about all that happened last week and is scheduled to happen this week!