"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Evidence of God's Protection

On Tuesday they poured the concrete floor for our future garage.

Chad emailed me this photo at work.
I was THRILLED!

But. . .
then I saw the rest of the email.

The house floor would be delayed a couple days because they were waiting on a pump truck.
Deep Breath.
And a quiet reminder that God is in control followed.

A delay with concrete meant that framing would not begin until next week.
That was disappointing.
However, I have decided not to stress about the timeline of this build.
I know that everyone is going to do their best to get us moved in ASAP.
We are using our "regular" subcontractors.
They are very sympathetic to the fact that we will be moving our family of 7 (plus Riley dog) into a camper(s) for an undisclosed period of time, and I am positive they are working as hard as possible to move this house along.

So I am choosing to trust!
(Yet, I have to remind myself of that frequently.)

Anyway. . .
God gave me a great gift yesterday.

Yesterday was the day our house floor was "supposed to" be poured.  It was a HOT, windy day. And rumor has it that there were floors poured yesterday that were ruined because of the weather conditions. (Concrete hardens faster when it is hot and windy.)

Had our floor been poured yesterday, it may have been one of the ones that will need to be tore our and repoured!  Because of the amount of underground work involved in out home, this would have put our home "behind" by several weeks.

It was such a great lesson to me.
God really does have a plan.
He is protecting us ALL . THE . TIME.
Often we do not hear of the evidence, but yesterday He allowed me a glimpse.

Thank you God for showing me once again that You are in always watching over me.

Our floor WAS poured today.
One day "late!"
And I am told it turned out perfectly.


Thank you God for showing me once again that You are in always watching over me.