"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, September 13, 2010

A Stellar Day

Today was a super day! That does not happen very often... especially on a Monday.


It began when Joshua woke me up to "nuggle" at 6:15 AM. He slept in HIS OWN BED until then!


We got everyone off to school with only minor drama.


Then my second favorite little boy in the world came to play.


It started like this.

Snacks! Always a great place to start.

Before I knew it, it looked a lot more like this!

Drew would gallop off in the lead and Joshua ran the fastest and hardest I have ever seen him run to keep up on his zebra. Then they would copy each other falling and laugh up a storm.

Then we played a little hide and chase... can you see them?
I had the best part in this game because when I caught them I got to hug them.
They ran really fast to get away, but I did not take it personally.

Then we moved the party outside. Joshua found this rocket thingy.

He was determined to make it work... but was not having a lot of luck... until

Drew came to the rescue! Yeah!! Drew!!! or "Good Jobbie me Drew" as Joshua said.

Joshua was making sure I saw that the rocket went a long way!

It would not be a super day with a lot of Joshua Gebeyehu kisses. Oh, oh is this boy sweet!


After a quick nap, we rushed Sierra to her first cross-country meet.
She showed Joshua how to stretch.

He loves to copy his kids. And they LOVE it!

And they are off! Sierra is on the far left in a bright pink shirt. The fifth grade girls run a half mile. They started off FAST!

Half-way through and working hard!

She did a super job! She was very proud of her 14th place ribbon.

Water... water... I need my water!

The final excitement of the day was supper. Since we got home late, I asked Chad if he would stop and pick up something. Taco John's "six pack and a pound" times 2 is a fairly economical way to feed our crew. But when he got to the window to pay, the stunned teller told him that our meal was paid for by the car in front of us. That driver left us this message, "Have a good week!" We have no idea who it was, but what a fun way to end the day! Thank you!


I have to wonder if they are KLOV listeners. I always hear them talk about "make a difference Monday" and have been touched by the simple stories of kindness. I suspect we have been the recipients of one such act. Either way it makes me want to plan ahead for next Monday!


Happy Monday friends! I hope you had a super day as well!