"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Way To Go #58!

Jamison played his best football game yet today!

This is my sweet, kind son, tackling a member of the opposing team to the ground with great force, strength, and enthusiasm!

This is my other sweet son, being 2!

Brenna is more into the concession stand than the game... she just might get that from her godmother!

Joshua asked me to take this picture. He snuck this ring pop from Krissy's purse. Fortunately she thought it was funny!

The kids were under a blanket because the sun was too hot on their dark jeans. It was our lucky day to be HOT at a football game way up north.

Mommy and the wiggle worm. He was actually very good. I am always so proud of how well he sits.


Now... back to the game!
Jamison is the first green guy. He played every single play of the whole game!

That is him pushing the black guy with the purple shirt tail. He was BIG and Jay did not back down a bit.
Jay is keeping #26 from getting to the ball carrier. (I really should let Jamison write the play by play! He always patiently laughs at my attempts.)

And once again the tackle I managed to catch on film. It was so super I chose to post it twice.


I know I sound like a crazy bragging momma, and I am. I am so totally proud and excited watching Jamison play this year. Not just because he is playing so well, but because he is playing with confidence. He has totally improved in the last year, but what shines through most is that he is so much more sure of himself. He runs hard, having fully realized how fast he can be. He hits hard, never backing down. He does a super job of predicting where the ball will be and what is the best path to get to it.


The first block Jamison made in this game he was ALL OVER his BIG opponent. He was totally in his face! The pushing did not stop quite as fast as I thought might be "appropriate." And I had to smile! My son has learned how to be aggressive! I laughed and elbowed Chad telling him that I have not seen my laid-back boy that aggressive since he threw all his toys AND his bed down the steps during a tantrum when he was three!


So Jay, I am proud of you! You did a super job today. Not only did you play football well and with a surprising amount of aggression, you played with your little brother with such kindness and patience. You are growing into an amazing, smart, multi-talented young man, and I am so glad that God chose me to be your mom.