"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crock-pot Chicken (that my family actually liked!)

Well, I have shared that I do not love cooking. In fact, if I were really rich, I would absolutely hire a chef. I enjoy cleaning and laundry, so I would never hire a cleaning professional - but a cook would be wonderful!

I do however cook fairly well and ALL. THE. TIME! Eating out is too expensive, not to mention unhealthy, so we eat in. Because I am a planner by nature, my once a week cooking method has made cooking much less stressful.

This week Jamison has 3! basketball games. They all start at 5:15 so I have had to be very creative with my menu. I need several meals that will be ready to eat the minute we walk in the door after the game. Not such an easy task.

My "hot and ready" favorites are bbq's, tacos, soups, and stews. However, what my star basketball player craves is MEAT. So tonight I tried a crock-pot chicken meal. My family actually liked it - so I thought I would share the recipe.

Yesterday I filled my crock-pot with:
frozen chicken breasts, wrapped in bacon
sprinkled them with some pepper and garlic salt

Then I whisked together 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup sour cream, and 1/2 all-purpose flour which was poured over the chicken.

At lunch time today, I plugged in my crock-pot and we came home to really yummy chicken at 6:45 tonight. I made about 9 chicken breasts and there was plenty of sauce (there would be enough sauce for additional chicken breasts) .

I served this with garlic mashed potatoes, but it would also be good with rice or noodles. I made the potatoes yesterday and put them in the oven at 275* to reheat before we left for the game.

Because I had set the table before we left, we were able to eat within minutes of walking in the door!

Once in a while I get it right! I hope you enjoy this recipe, too.