"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It was a Double-Header

I am a first time basketball mom!

Jamison is playing basketball for the first time (on a team) this year. His first game was tonight. He played guard as #22 - and did very well. His team won 40 to 32. It was really fun to watch him play! His leadership, ability to be a team player, attention to detail, and athleticism were certainly evident. And my Jamison is so kind and thoughtful (I know he is only supposed to be fast and aggressive in a basketball post - but I have been blessed with a son who is both!). He left his buddies to sit by Joshua (and his mom) for a few minutes before the game. Joshua was so thrilled!



As soon as basketball was over, I rushed home to pick up a beautiful second grader for her program. Brenna and her friends did a marvelous job. It was a super-cute program called, "Three of a Kind."

Above is the entire cast, all the second graders at her school

The kids knew all the words and sang their hearts out.
Brenna had a speaking part as one of the three little pigs. Her daddy complimented her for speaking slowly and clearly. Chad says that I have mommy ears so I can understand ALL the kids, but he could only understand the ones that spoke slowly and clearly like BRENNA.

It is going to be an activity filled winter with Jamison playing basketball. He has up to three games a week. Sierra will take piano lessons and play volleyball. Krissy has a couple of choir concerts. We also have church activities Wednesday evenings. It will be a challenge as our favorite way to spend evenings is at home, but with the kids getting older I better get used to it! And I DO love to watch my kids while they do the things they enjoy most!