"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Date Night!

Chad and I went on a date tonight!

It was the first time that we had both left Joshua.

What did he think?

This is the look on Joshua's face when we told him that mommy and daddy were going to "eatie food together and Krissy was going to babysit Joshua." He ran and hid behind me.

He told us again and again, that "Joshua come on eatie food with mommy,daddy!"

When we told him that we really were leaving without him. He yelled, "No! No leave you Joshua! WEIRD!"

Poor little guy, we could not help but giggle at his choice of words! His choice of words was also part of the reason I felt certain that he was ready to be left with a sitter. He NOW thinks it is totally weird to NOT be with either mommy or daddy. When he is being held by or interacting with someone other than us, he is not longer giving me a look that says, "see... I don't need you!" He now checks in with me visually, making sure that I am paying attention to him. He is capable of maintaining some connection with us on his own.

So, it was time to test that connection just a bit.

Big tears at bye-bye time.
While Joshua was very sad when we left, like the babysitter needed ear plugs kind of sad, I was fine. I was absolutely sure that he would be OK. (And he was. Krissy let him play in her car and all tears were quickly dried!)

We had a lovely dinner out and returned in time to put Joshua to bed.

He was thrilled to see us, full of hugs and cuddles. He told us that next time we eatie food, he WILL BE coming with... which I was very happy to hear! While it was good to have a little break, I totally enjoy having my little sidekick with me everywhere I go!