"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, January 17, 2011

Following up on Odds and Ends

In the last weeks I had many "fake friends" as my kids call them (they are people I have "met" through our adoption journey but have never had the privilege to hug) were in Ethiopia doing all kinds of wonderful, God-ordained things. You can read about their trip here.

I received confirmation today that the dresses that Krissy's sewing class made were delivered.

Pictured below is a little guy wrapped in the blanket Krissy and Sierra and Brenna made for Joshua last summer. He DID NOT like it! He told us, "send it to Ethiopia! Good boy Ethiopia have it!" So we joyfully did!

When I showed him this picture he said with a big grin, "Good boy Ethiopia warm! Yeah!"

I agree!


This team also delivered the project Gena backpacks we prepared. I am maybe, just maybe having a bit of "trip envy!" Maybe next trip I can go too!
*** On a much less important note, if you have the Wiphan cookbook, make the chicken tetrazzine. I loved it. My kids not so much, which is part of why I do not love cooking, but for the grown-ups taste buds - YUMMY!
AND - the "mystery of the pirate ship" was solved today! Joshua's BIG THANK YOU goes to cousins Addi and Ainsley!