"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, January 7, 2011

Melkam Genna

(above is the nativity scene I purchased in Ethiopia)

Not only did we celebrate the finalization of Joshua's adoption today - but it is Christmas in Ethiopia so we gathered with some special friends we have grown closer to through this adoption journey to have a little party. We tasted some Ethiopian food and some pizza =)! All in all there were 6 Ethiopian children present and only one was home last year at this time! There was also a family that will travel in 13 days for their court date in Ethiopia, so next year we will have (at least) one more! I am so thankful that we have these families nearby!


Here are Joshua and Tesfa decked out in their Ethiopian clothes.
Joshua, Tesfa, Ageze, and Kate (Ageze and Tesfa's big sister) the boys were together the whole time Joshua was at the care center in Ethiopia. I so appreciate that they are friends still.

**I did not get a picture of the whole group. Joshua wanted no part of it!
Here is Joshua showing off his Ethiopia clothes. I was shocked, but he loved them! In Ethiopia outfits like these are worn for special occasions. I am sure he has seen them, but I doubt he has ever had his own before.
When I told him that Krissy and Grandma Donna chose them, he ran to give Krissy a big thank you hug.
Here he is modeling outfit number 2... he liked the first choice best!

I am hoping I can convince him to wear one for baptism, but time will tell! He may be baptized in jeans! (No date set for baptism. But Joshua has finally said we can talk to Pastor Maury about putting "water on Joshua's head." He has been a bit hesitant about it until recently.)


What a BIG day!