"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

He makes me laugh!

Joshua is so very funny! I have learned how much I tend to forget as my kids grow up, so I have worked at recording many of the funny things Joshua says and does.

A few days ago I was telling Joshua he did a wonderful job at something. I said, "Holy Cow! You did a super job!"

He looked at me very puzzled and said, "Holy moooo?!"


I blogged a few days ago about how challenging church was this past week. Well, on Monday Joshua found the glasses above which reminded him of our Pastor's glasses. He put on the glasses and began to preach. I noticed him talking very loud and with A LOT of animation, so I asked him what he was doing. He said, "No Joshua! (points to chest) Pastor Maury!"

He then pulled out a chair for me to sit on. He said, "Mommy sit down! No talk! SSSHHHH! Pastor Maury talking!"

He then proceeded to preach and preach while gesturing in a BIG way. When he saw me suppressing my laughter he said, "No funny! Pastor Maury do that!"

I could not help but belly laugh at that. Pretty soon we were both laughing and tickling, but before too long I was reminded to "Sit down! Pastor Maury still talking!"

Toddlers are THE best!

On a totally different note, I am praying about planning a mission trip to Ethiopia - say sometime between January and April 2012 - if you are interested in going with me... check out this blog. I think Caleb from One Child Campaign may be my first choice as guide. His most recent series of posts are all about the latest trip he took a group on. I read it last night and absolutely longed to be there.

This was the first time I have felt that way since retutning with Joshua. I have always known I needed/wanted to return to serve and explore, but I had not really wanted to at the same time. It is HARD to be in Ethiopia and have that much poverty totally in your face. It is a totally helpless feeling. At the same time Ethiopia was also so rich with colors, sights, sounds, and smells that I long to experience it again. And to experience it in a different role. While I was there my ONLY concern was bonding with my boy. I saw almost nothing outside of the cab ride to and from the care center and the Yebsabi. I would not change a minute of that trip. I am thankful to have had my mom and Krissy there to do some exploring and shopping for me though!

Since returning home I have been certain that I would go back. (Kristen &)I dream of going back with a group of people from our church. I am still not sure when, how, and if that will happen - but last night reading the posts about Caleb's trip I became excited. So - if you have the same dream as I do, start praying! Then read about Caleb's organization and see what you think!

If you have planned an Ethiopian mission trip and have other suggestions about organizations or guide services to use, please let me know!