"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter at the D's

This was a very nontraditional Easter for us. Good Friday was consumed by a huge, yucky storm. Grammy was not able to make it into town to dye Easter eggs with the kids, a tradition we all look forward to.


Brenna and Sierra still dyed eggs, but it was not nearly as fun as usual!



I used the eggs the girls dyed as centerpieces at the Easter tables. They were very cute!



We had originally planned to go to my mom and dad's house for Easter dinner and an egg hunt, but the storm knocked out their power for several days so the party was moved to our house. It was a fairly simple switch from my perspective as mom had all the food purchased and ready to go. All I did was set the tables (which Krissy and my mom helped with) and put the food in the oven. I will host that way ANY time!



Above, Brenna is showing off the treasures she found on her Easter egg hunt.


Jamison and his Dad love to wrestle and roughhouse. It will not be too long and Jamison will be as tall and strong as his dad. I suspect an end to the roughhousing about then!



Krissy helped hide eggs for the younger kids. Not to worry she came out of the hunt with her fair share of candy anyway!
***There is one family from IAN traveling to bring their son home this week. They sent a note to all of us who are waiting this morning. They noted that Joshua G. was a cutie pie. He was blowing them kisses. That squeezes my heart! I want to see him blowing kisses. As we gathered yesterday with my whole family I heard my dad say we were all there except Joshua G. I am so thankful he is a part of all of us already! It is also breaking my heart that he is not official yet, that I am still waiting on a letter! Would you please pray for joy, encouragement, and action this week. I am feeling very discouraged, that is not like me! Please pray that God would blast through the paperwork ice jam both in Ethiopia and here at our company. Many important details in life feel totally stuck right now, I am longing for movement!