"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, April 29, 2010

He is mighty to save!

I highly recommend that you check out a blog that I have been stalking.
I first ran into this story last week. Another blog I follow had a post that said "Pray for Chrissie." Since I have a Krissy, this immediately grabbed my attention. So I clicked on the link and began to read about "little Chrissie" as we have started calling her. Chrissie was born with severe heart and lung problems. Most doctors do not know how she lived 4 days. She is now 4 years old. She had open heart surgery 11 days ago and is fighting an amazing fight to get well.
Her mom blogs right from her bedside. Crying out in moments of desperation asking for people to pray. One morning I clicked to check in on Chrissie and the blogpost simply said PRAY NOW! For the next hour or so, I sat at my computer refreshing the screen every few moments as her mom relayed prayer requests via her cell phone as a team of doctors brought her baby back to life. Now this could sound shallow, or attention seeking, but God is using this in the most amazing way. Not only is Chrissie somehow holding on, but thousands of people are hearing the story. And trust me this momma in Texas is seeking to give God all the glory. It is beautiful. Read her post from early this morning "Wonderful Wednesday Witnessing" and believe in the mighty power of God's healing hand in a whole new way.
So join my family in praying for "little Chrissie."