"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Has he seen us yet?

I am wondering today if Joshua Gebeyehu has been able to see us, his family, yet? Remember that photo album I prepared? Well, it arrived in Ethiopia last week. BUT Joshua G. was not able to receive it until we passed court. Soon after I found out we passed court I posted a note on IAN's yahoo forum asking if any of the families that are in Ethiopia this week would be able to make sure that Joshua Gebeyehu receives the photos of his family.

I found this email in my in-box this morning:

Alicia, I am so happy you posted those photos! I met Gebeyehu on Monday - he is adorable! I did know his name or who his parents were, so I wasn't able to email you personally to update you. He is precious, he came running into the baby room where I was sitting on the floor and without even waiting for me to smile at him or say hi, he flung himself onto me to give me the biggest hug. He is incredibly smiley and happy and was just a joy to be around.

Congratulations on passing court! I will ask Sister to give him the picture book.

So many things to smile about in that email! Do you think he's seen us yet? Do you think he has any idea all the hugs, laughter, tickles, and craziness that are waiting for him?

One thing that is for sure... he is ADORABLE!